Principles of Success
Principles of Success
1. You can never fail if your determination to succeed is strong enough.
2. Develop good habits so that you can never succumb to bad habits.
3. Be persistent. You never know when success is just around the corner.
4. You are unique, and it is that uniqueness that will make you successful.
5. Live every day to its fullest. Live it with enthusiasm and passion.
6. Always maintain a positive mental attitude and keep your emotions under control.
7. Keep humor and laughter in your daily life.
8. Commit yourself to achieve success. One way to do this is to provide added value in everything you do for others. They always will return the favor, usually 10 times over.
9. Commit to action. You must act immediately on your dreams, visions and goals.
10. Always seek guidance from someone better or greater than yourself.
11. Never pity yourself. You were born to succeed. Just go out and be successful.
12. Plan your day and work your plan.
13. Never deliberately or knowingly hurt another person or take advantage of another person.
14. Greet adversity as a learning experience to make you a better person.
15. Focus your efforts on the task at hand and always give your best. Maintain a definiteness of purpose.
16. It is up to you to make your breaks, opportunities and luck.
17. Review your efforts each day. Improve upon your successes and learn from your failures. Remember that failure is just somebody else’s definition of success.
18. Use imagery, autosuggestion and positive self-talk to make you more successful. Crystallize and visualize your desires becoming successful actions.
19. Know when to follow and when to lead.
20. Help others to get what they want so they can help you get what you want.
21. Practice effective human relations: Call other people by name, make them feel important, let them be right, show an interest in them, appeal to their self-interest, help them maintain their pride, and help them succeed.
22. Believe in yourself so others will believe in you. Believe in others so they will believe in themselves.
23. Learn as much as you can about people; the way they behave, the way they communicate, and the way they interact. If you have to be an expert in one subject, be an expert about people.
24. Give willingly of your time and effort and receive things graciously. Show true appreciation for everything you receive.
25. Be lavish in your praise when you recognize and reward the achievements of others.
26. If you want something, just ask for it.
27. Your mind and body work together. One time, your mind creates actions in the body. The next time, your body creates thoughts in the mind. Help them to work together synergistically for your success.
28. Practice relaxing every day. Take time out for yourself and your family.
29. Give to others without expecting anything in return, especially love.
30. Be the best person you know how to be. Never try to live up to other people’s expectations of you. Live up to your own.
From : www.richgerson.com